Privacy and Terms
The Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis respects your privacy.
We do not collect any personal information like names or addresses when you visit our website, unless you choose to provide it to us. Any personal information you choose to provide is voluntary. We do not require you to provide any information about yourself that you do not wish to share.
Use of Personal Information You Choose to Provide
You may choose to provide us with personal information if, for example, you subscribe to our publications, send us questions via e-mail or an online form, answer a user survey, register for an event or participate in our online activities.
We will use any personal information you provide only for the purpose for which you provided it. For example:
- If you participate in a user survey, your answers and personal information will only be analyzed in aggregate. The information will be used to help us tailor our website, publications and services to our users' needs and to help us understand our audience. If you provide us with your postal or e-mail address or telephone number, this information will only be used to:
- provide you with the publications or information requested;
- confirm or clarify your order or request;
- register you for an event; or
- provide you with updates about your requests, events or information.
- When you fill out our online forms, they are delivered to a Federal Reserve e -mail address or database. In particular, our “E-mail a Friend” form will send an e-mail with a link to the selected publication article and any optional comments you provide. We will use the e-mail addresses you provide for the sole purpose of sending the article. We will not use any of the other information you provide on the form.
Non-Personal Information Collected and Stored Automatically
In addition to information voluntarily provided by you, we collect some technical information about our users in aggregate. This information does not identify who you are. We perform analyses on our web server's log files to identify, among other things:
- our site's most popular pages;
- the browsers and operating systems most often used by our visitors;
- the sites and search engines that have referred visitors to our site; and
- the domains from which our users visit us.
This information is used only to help us understand and better meet our audience’s needs.
Disclosure of Information and Retention
Any information collected on this website, whether individual or aggregate, is for Federal Reserve use only. We do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide information you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We retain the services of an outside contractor to provide portions of our Career Opportunities page. We require that this contractor take reasonable steps to keep information obtained through our website secure and confidential, and that it use personal information obtained through our website only on behalf of the Federal Reserve.
- We may be required to disclose your personal information to government officials or otherwise as required by subpoenas, court orders, legal process, or other legal obligations and to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. We will also share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or as otherwise required by law.
We retain information as needed to operate our website and for fulfilling the uses described above, including providing requested services to you. We also retain information as necessary to comply with legal obligations; resolve disputes; and enforce our agreements.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We have implemented security measures consistent with our internal information security practices to help us keep your information secure. However, no method of transmission over the internet, whether submitted via online form or e-mail, or method of electronic storage is one hundred percent secure, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your online communications are not encrypted. If your communication is very sensitive or includes personal information that you do not wish to send to us electronically, you should send it by postal mail to:
Public Affairs Department -Web
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis
90 Hennepin Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55401-1804
This website is monitored for security purposes by Federal Reserve System personnel. Monitoring activities include computer software programs and other surveillance methods to monitor network traffic. By accessing this website, you expressly consent to these monitoring activities, for security purposes.
Our site is not directed at children under 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 13. Minor children should always obtain parental consent before releasing personal information to any web site.
Links to External Websites
This website links to federal government external websites and to non-federal external websites. If you click a link to an external website, such as Ustream, Twitter, or YouTube or other external sites, you will leave the minneapolisfed.org site and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the external website. By linking to external sites, the Minneapolis Fed does not imply endorsement of the site's sponsor.
Links to Federal Reserve System Websites
As part of the Federal Reserve System, the Minneapolis Fed also provides links to information on Federal Reserve Bank websites and other System websites.
Links to Social Media Third-Party Websites
The Minneapolis Fed uses certain third-party social media sites as additional means of reaching the public and directing people to resources on minneapolisfed.org. The Minneapolis Fed maintains an official page or presence on Twitter, YouTube, UStream and Facebook.
You can access the Minneapolis Fed’s official pages on Twitter, YouTube, UStream and Facebook without having an account or subscribing to services.
User Access and Choice
Subject to retention requirements, you can confirm, change, delete or update personal information you have provided to us through using our Publications Address Change Form.
We reserve the right to amend this statement at any time. We will not provide you with notice of any such amendments. You are responsible for reviewing this statement from time to time to monitor for any such amendments.
Questions or comments about the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis's privacy statement may be directed to our webmaster through our Feedback Form.